Individual or group sailing for learning or improving the art of sailing navigation. Weather concepts, teamwork, shipboard living and sailing practice covering the following topics:
• Nomenclature: sails, ropes, cables and devices.
• Nautical sailing nomenclature - windward / leeward, etc.
• Theory - wind direction, size, shape and sail tunning.
• Maneuvers - hoisting / lowering sails, tack, jibe, reefs (reduced sail area), etc.
• Most used knots.
• Sailing with spinnaker and "pigeon wing".
• Basic Navigation - compass and GPS.
• Safety on board - man overboard maneuvers (MOB).
• Safe anchorage.
We provide a handout with all course matters.
Contact for further information .